Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do tou think is the reason why teenagers engage in abortion?

They are young, not ready to take care of a child. But everyone, all ages can have abortions, not just teens.What do tou think is the reason why teenagers engage in abortion?
To be honest, I don't think most girls would have an abortion if not pressured to do so by her parents and grandparents. I have yet to meet a pregnant teenage girl that decided on her own to abort. In fact I've met many that fought their parents (mothers especially) for the right to have the baby.





Teenagers make mistakes and accidentally get pregnant. I don't call aborting a baby an accidental mistake and if blame is going to be placed for the high rate of abortion amongst teens, then the blame should be placed on the girls parents and often times, grandparents.What do tou think is the reason why teenagers engage in abortion?
Because basically, it is the girls body, girls choice.


And just because their is a rise in sex, doesn't mean years ago girls didnt have abortions at all, infact women in their 30's would've had abortions so don't say teenagers only get abortions.





But why you ask?


You try being the girl, who doesn't have enough to support herself, who knows in her heart that she cant give the baby a good life but would be too upset to give it up for adoption, who decides that she is getting an abortion because it is whats best for her, who is realising that they didnt make a mistake, nature just took its path.
well, I think if a teenage girl gets pregnant she is basically up the creek no matter how you look at it. No matter what she chooses first off she will be labelled a sl*ut, or something worse. If she aborts, she gets called a murderer. If she decides to keep the baby she gets dirty looks and comments for being a single, young, teen mom. So the only thing left is for her to have the baby and give it up for adoption, in which case she ends up getting 9 months worth of dirty looks, nasty comments and lost friendships in alot of cases. AND THEN, has to go through the painfull process of giving up a child that just grew inside her for 9 months (which, I am a mother, I could not imagine saying goodbye to my baby after I gave birth). So in reality, the abortion options (who teens btw are not the only people who have them) would deffinatly have its appeal. I myself, did not get pregnant as a teen, have not/would not have an abortion, have not/would not give a child up for adoption and would have no idea how any of this would feel. Therefore, I try to be supportive and not judge others when I have no idea what they're going through. The best optioin, obviously, is not to get pregnant as a teen. But...(shock!) it happens...how the woman decides to deal with her situation is not up to me, nor do I have to deal with any concequesnces of that decision. Abortions, parenting styles, adoption methods, birth methods....basically anything involving a child is and should always be up to the mother (and father, should he be in the picture and supportive). I think pregnant teens have got it rough no matter what they choose and they don't need other people making them feel worthless.
Is actually sad how teenagers these days dont realize the consecuences of their acts. I think you could blame that on us, parents, who did our best to keep them in the right track but didnt give them the strength to deal with per pressure situations, or moral to save themselves for marriage or simply for giving them the unsupervised time to get pregnant!
Wow, this question pisses me off a good bit. Why, you ask........ Because I am a teen mother. DO NOT STEREOTYPE us like that. My mother is 38 f'in years old and just got one. I got pregnant at 15 and KEPT MY BABY. Married the father and now am doing very well for myself without any gov. help, parental help, live on my own and work my *** off. I CAN HANDLE the resposibility. I DID. Just because I had sex does not make me STUPID. I had sex on birth control one time with the guy I loved and I GOT PREGNANT. I know ya'll are going to say ';you don't know what love is you're too young';. Well I am 17 now... I'm married to him, I LOVE HIM. I love my 10 month old son and I love myself. Abortion--- anyone can get one... You don't got to be underage. Take a second to think before you ask your next question please. This put me down. It's not funny. Sorry to sound mean, but TOTALLY NOT TRUE... thank you








EDIT--- Did you ever think of how scared a little girl would be if she discovered she was pregnant. Being banned from her parents, her friends, her ';boyfriend''. Every teenage girl, I do believe has alot of fears because once you tell everyone you are hated and stereotyped by society. It is wrong. Just because I got pregnant the first time I had sex, I was labeled as a whor3 from everyone to my mom to my friends telling me this. So ya know what... It's not the funnest thing in the world
they r kids themselfs so they can not raise a kid..... or


their parents just can not afford to help them so there is no other choice but to have an abortion......... because giving it out for adoption means having to go thru the whole pregnancy thing and they do not like to get fat..............
I think only pregnant teenagers engage in abortion, and since only a very small percentage of teenagers are pregnant and only a few choose to terminate the pregnancy, using broad based terms such as these is creating a false stereotype.
Your not in the authroity to ask something like this! A majority of you people who judge youjng girls who HAVE TO have abortions will never ever kno and have and will nevcer have any idea of the pain and heartache involved!!! There are reasons for everything!
first ... because they are allowed to. It is there choice.





second because they (BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS) were not not taught enough about birth control or self respect for each other and their parents.





also cause they think they won't get pregnant.
hmmm, let me think. because we're young and are still in school.


its either have agreat life becoming an adult early, or actually live my life the way i want to.





wow, wat a hard decision.
they are to lazy to take care of a child and they want to take the easy way out. that is with everyone. dont have sex if you don't want to get pregnant.
Not ready for a baby, financially, physically or emotionally.





They need to live their life before they produce another one.
They can't get a significant other to get engaged to.Because they are too young to handle the responsibilities of being a parent.Geez
Because there too young plus it's kind of like a new trend to have these babies now isn't it, everybody has them, not me. =]
Because they are ill prepared for parenting and they are impulsive.
they r urged by curiacity. No planing %26amp; precaution. Not ready to accept the consquences.
-Not ready for the responibility


-Rape


-Not wanting to have a child because of social reasons


-etc
SHUT UP! sorry to sound mean but ALOT as in ALOT ALOT ALOT of different ages of people get abortions! OLD GRANDMA!
Because they are too unexperienced to realize what they are really doing.. And take the easy way out.
For your sake I hope you never have to find out.
It is not only teenagers. Please don't label us like that

No comments:

Post a Comment