Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can teenagers avoid peer pressure?

Unfortunately you can't. Maybe if you lock yourself in your house all day but you don't want to do that? Stuff like this is going to happen to the day you die. Their is always going to be some ignorant prick trying to force you into something you don't want to do. The only advice I have to give you is to listen to your heart and what you think is right. Hopefully you choose the smart choice and walk away, but if you choose the other path nothing good will come from it.





Independence and confidence is nice, but once you get backed into a corner that you can't seem to escape on your own, that ';independence'; and ';confidence'; will disappear. And the only thing you have to back you up is God and a miracle.How can teenagers avoid peer pressure?
follow their own heart and mind instead of what's ';cool'; or who's ';popular'; at the time.How can teenagers avoid peer pressure?
Being FIRM and COFIDENT is always the key.
you can't.. you always runn into it at one point or another.
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly have not run into very much peer pressure. The things I have done and the choices I have made have been because of what I wanted - not because of what everyone else was doing, or what they found acceptable.





They also haven't been because my parents approved. Their opinions don't concern me very much, and I consider them to be irrelevant. Maybe some kids will listen to their parents. However, many (myself included) simply don't care. I base my decisions on what's best for me (not smoking or drinking, getting good grades, etc) and not because it's what they want.
Learn to be independant and relaxed. In most cases if someone offers you drugs and you casually turn them down they won't bother pressuring but if you show any sign of hesitation or reluctancy they will try to push. Encourage them to make their own responsible decisions, build their confidence, and teach them by example.
Avoid hanging out with people who are bad influences.
There are lots of books out there that ask you questions and make you think about who you want to be and how you have to make up your mind ahead of time. EX. My Heart Belongs To Him, My Identity. This is a Christian book, but you don't have to be a Christian to get a whole lot of things to think about out of it and make your decision before you are in the situation.





Some of the things other kids have said (this is mainly a book for girls but boys go through the same things) are----'; this was eye-opening,it made me think about dating and relationships in a new way.'; ';it deals with questions and choices facing teens.'; '; it helped me think about now but also things I will be facing in the future as far as friendships, dating, and sorting out what I wanted my standards to be';





The secret is setting your standards of who you are going to be before you get into the situation. If you don't, it's hard to make a good judgement call when it has to be quick and you haven't thought it through.





Who are you going to be? but you need the questions to think about what you are going to decide.
by being there own person and only doing what THEY want to
They can't
tell them to be them, and kids that smoke and do drugs grow up to be adults that do it and when your 30 you have a habit you hate and cant quit! I smoke ciggs and hate it and tring to quit is hard I tell my kids save your money., teeth, body, health, skin and time dont even start it! cant miss something you never start! good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment