Saturday, August 21, 2010

Teenagers, do you ever find yourself snapping at or presenting your parents for no reason?

I don't know what it is, but the last couple of days I have felt so resentful to my mum, everything she seems to ask me just winds me up and I find myself snapping at her, I have no idea why because we haven't argued or anything, I'm aware that I am doing it I just don't know why....and I feel bad but I just feel irritated at everything she asks me etc, I love her to pieces though, any other teens experience this??Teenagers, do you ever find yourself snapping at or presenting your parents for no reason?
Can you like, read my mind?





I'm kinda in a small depressing period where I see no point in life and then all of a sudden, there's the will to live and then theres mom who still believes she has to 'keep the leash tight' or whatever you may call it.





I'm 16, appearantly mature enough to take care of my siblings (otherwise I would've failed), yet she treats me like she did when I was 14, or 13 even. Like she's afraid of her girls growing up or something, I don't know. I mean, she is strict. Not just strict, it's starting to annoy me very very much. She picks out my clothing each and every day, she has to agree with what I wear, if she doesn't I can take it right off. She's a total prep, she is full of herself and she thinks she's all that. Now she may earn the money in this house, but I'm not like her and she doesn't want to believe that. Oh and how about no swearing? Yeah. It's butt or bum and Yes mom, not just 'sure' or 'yeah'.





Then when you start yelling because it's really getting on your nerves, she's like all smart and saying ';I'm 3 feet away from you, keep your voice down lady'; and seriously, if you don't listen, you're grounded for the day, heck even for the weekend if it suits her. Free daycare, free babysitter. Can it be easier? And no backtalking, that'd cost you another day grounded. ';MOM, I'm growing up, accept it please, I'm not your little kid anymore and I know it's hard for you, but come on! Get freaking real for once, mom, PLEASE!'; Then she goes like ';Oh honey, come on, it's not that bad, can we have this conversation another time? I really have this thing I need to do for one of our clients... And keep your voice down, I'm not deaf.'; *sigh*





I mean, she's a great mom and I love her, but I totally can't stand her at times.





AAAAAAAAARGGHHH!





Sorry for venting. Good question actually. Kinda helped me in some way.Teenagers, do you ever find yourself snapping at or presenting your parents for no reason?
Yup, I do it sometimes. I try to be good though and just chill out. It'll pass eventually. It helps if you talk to your mom about stuff. Some teens just leave their parents out of the loop. I don't tell my mom everything (obviously) but I talk to her and I'll tell her about stuff that happened at work and if my friend texts me something funny/sad and it's not personal sometimes I'll say something.
everyone does it at one time in their life.





i normally try not to snap at anyone, or take it out on anyone.





but lately i've been really stressed out. yesterday i had to work 17 hours. when i came home, i was extra tired. and the house was cluttered with things, which made me feel worse. no one would give me space. i understand that they were worried about me. but i really need peace and quiet. me boyfriend asked if i needed anything, i responded ';NO!'; in a really mean tone. i felt really bad. he understood though. and i apologized. we've been going through some rough times. he didn't think anything of it.
Ugh lol welcome to teenage life. My mom pisses me off on a daily basis. I know we both love eachother, but sense i hit 13 she just yells at me nonstop and we dont get along. It'll pass, but dont forget to apologise to your mom.
I do that to my stepdad, my mom will slap me in the face when i roll my eyes. Normal, but i don't think your mom will slap you in the face.
ya all the time





i find my self doing it and realize they arent saying anything annoying there talking just annoys me





idk why though its weird but normal
Yeah I have done that -all the time. It is normal

No comments:

Post a Comment