Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can't we teenagers ever become best friends with our parents?

No, nothing at all is wrong to be best friends with you parents!


But it's good also to have other friends too. Your friends might pick on you and call you 'mommy's boy' and that but who cares, its good that you want to be BEST friends with you parent as a teenager rather than move out.Can't we teenagers ever become best friends with our parents?
i have managed to be parent and best friend to my son and loving father to my daughter[she's independent but we are friends just not best Friends] age 25 and 28 one pro musician one return to grad school student great kids and fine people Jon's my space is ';in the flesh'; one of the best or in my opinion best drummer in Chicago as well as a great recording engineer%26amp;producer. Becky is the embodyment of work ethic and going to study zoology at univirsity chicago does volinteer work st.louis zoo and works full time i love them both and couldnt be happier for them.i am not bragging because their accomplishments are their own. however both say i have turned them on to the things they love in life and of that i am proudCan't we teenagers ever become best friends with our parents?
some can, many can't..





well, parents never care for our feeling, they think what they want, without even thinking about us, so how the bonding can happen, i dont say that all parents are like that, i have witness some are really great and try to understand, but some right..





it hurts and sucks, well, its reality check buddy..
NOPE. I'm 18 and my relationship with my parents is a lot worse now then it was in the past. Mainly because my dad gives me a hard time because I've gained weight. And I feel like my mom is trying to hold me back. Besides parents are supposed to be parents not friends.
i was best friends w/ my mom almost my whole life and the sad part is she was the one that messed it up...telling her sisters things that were told to my cousin that were told to other ppl very personal things!!





i still don't trust my mom 100% but she is one of my best friends even when i was 15 and 16 i told her things most ppl wouldn't tell their parents...i think that is why i turned out have decent now
i think we can because if we sort our differences or put them aside i dont see why not. even thought im nto best friends wht my mum ive learned to get along with her lol.
I'm close with my mum and dad, I mean we never have arguements that can't be fixed with an ';I'm sorry'; and a hug.





I wouldn't say best friends because that's not mum and dad's are for. Best friends are the family that you pick. Family are the people you're stuck with. You might as well all try to get on most of the time. No one's perfect though!
Every parents dream is that our children will feel comfortable with coming to us about anything. Best friends maybe in the form of communication. I would hope my children would be open and honest with me about whatever it is that is bothering them or activities they are doing. Communication is the key to strengthen any relationship between parents and kids.
Absolutely! That is, of course, if the teenagers in question are sensible enough to be treated that way.





Best friends status is established on the basis of trust. We, teenagers tell our best friends almost everything about ourselves, especially our personal lives. The truth is that we never do the same thing to our parents, though I know a few who do. We never tell them because we assume that they have far better things to deal with than the trivial concerns of their teenagers.





For almost every teenager, the fear of disapproval of their antics always triumphs over appeasing their parents' concerns.





We, teenagers should go to our parents for consultation, involving them in an event of a major decision. Ask for their perspectives. You maybe surprised at times at the different angles they look at a specific situation. If you are more comfortable with only one parent, that maybe your mom or dad, so be it. There are no fast and hard rules that dictate otherwise.


For some parents, explore their tolerance towards certain situations. Different parents have different reactions. The best thing to do is to make a date with them, go over coffee or something and then have your small talk. Small talk about their experiences growing up. Once the topic is started, you go with the flow. There are no such things as wrong or right questions but rather appropriate or inappropriate ones. Just apologise if you do say inappropriate stuff. Just go with your instincts. For one thing, they (instincts) are never wrong.





Learn something about your parents. Come on, just chill! Its like knowing your first best friend. Starting with these tips, who knows that you can be the best of pals!
Best friends? I'd say no. Not as a bad thing. In life you will have SO MANY friends, and many best friends. But you will only ever have ONE Mom %26amp;/or Dad. And I think that a Parent needs to be a parent. With love, logic, boundaries, and fun involved to make it the strongest relationship ever!
Eventually. But not when you're a teenager. When you're a teen, it's natural to want to be more independent, and being best friends with your parent stifles that. Also, your parent has to be your Parent, and being a friend means they can't/aren't properly providing guidance and discipline. Friends don't lay down rules after all! Also, friends love isn't generally as deep, overwhelming, and unconditional as a parent's love.





Which doesn't mean that it has to be an adversarial relationship. You may not always get along, but especially if you /want/ to be friends with your parent then that probably means there's good trust and communication, which is very important.





Making friends with a parent generally has to wait until you've been out of the house. You both have to learn to be separate people before you can come together again and see eachother as equals, which friendship demands.
Its a love-hate relationship sometimes they are my best friends and sometimes I dislike them alot, its not that i dont love them its just all that teen stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment