Saturday, August 21, 2010

If it is so hard to be a teenager, why do some adults wish they are teenagers again?

Although they as adults have bills to pay, but would they prefer that than to be controlled by their parents? There are 21 year old wishing they are 13 again. Do you want to be 13 again. Don't these adults want to be independent? Don't they want to do what they want to?If it is so hard to be a teenager, why do some adults wish they are teenagers again?
Most adults who would like to be teenagers again say that because teenagers have so little responsibility. Think about it...what is the worst you have to do? Clean your room, obey a few rules and do school work.





Adulthood is more than teenagers realize. As an adult, you are responsible to your job, your spouse, your house/apartment, bills, kids, etc. These things are a constant source of worry and stress and you call that independence? If you always have to bear responsibility to or from someone, independence is only a relative term. Even adults have rules to follow...that is life.





For the record, I wouldn't want to be a teenager again for anything but that is because those are very angst ridden years...too much insecurity, peer pressure, fears of the future, etc. If I could relive any years at all, it would be my late twenties and thirties.If it is so hard to be a teenager, why do some adults wish they are teenagers again?
i am adult all adults in their 20s like me wish they were teenagers again

Report Abuse



no way! it was a hard time for me.


if i have any advice for a teenager that felt like i did, it would be;





Stay focused, and be strong, you are important, your life is important, the choices you make now can affect your life, care about yourself, and who you are as a person.


Be the best person you can be, youll be glad you made right choices later even if it makes no sense now. and most importantly KNOW that Jesus Loves YOU! and He can get you through this, ask Him for advice with anything and evertthing, ask Him for peace and happiness, whatever it is your heart desires, and you will never go wrong.


I hope that helped.
No way. I am glad I am an adult. I am 24 and I have never wished I was a teenager again! Too much pressure in HS to be 'cool' and I was way to worried what people thought of me. I sometimes wish I could do it over as the person I am now because I think it would be a different story. Sure I have to work and pay bills and all that, but it is OK.





Don't worry. Hang in there. Just remember that this is not how the rest of your life will be. It will be OK.
I'd never want to be a teenager again (I'm 27) - I wish that I could have had some of wisdom that's come from experience that I have now as a teen, would have done a lot of things different. Now to go back to 21 or 22 years old... that would be great.
It's only like a saying to make you feel good about and enjoy your youth, but honestly I call things like that ';White finger crossing lies'; most of the adults wouldnt want to be teenagers again trust me!
i would never, never want to be a teenager again for all the money in the world. I agree it is a terrible time, you are craving independence but depend on family. peer pressure, life choices, studies, finances, and just trying to work out your self. Don't worry it gets much, much better.
Excellent question!


Every kid wants to grow up so fast. Move out, get an apartment, go out every night.


Then adulthood sets in. You graduate from school, friends move away to go to different colleges, get married, etc. You don't wanna go out and drink all night because you have to work the next morning, plus you can't blow the rent money on beer.


The best times in your life are when you are a teenager. No real responsiblity. Just wake up and go to school and maybe a few chores. Hang with your friends and have fun.


That beats having to do ALL the chores, working just to spend the money on electricty and a roof over your head, and never seeing your friends.


The grass is always greener on the other side.
I find that a lot of adults want to be young again because they fear getting older. With me, it's because of all the mistakes I made and would love to go back and change some things, even though I wouldn't change a lot of things in my life for the world, like having kids. But, we tend to realize later in life that kids really don't have as many problems as they think they do, as adults, we have so much responsibility, we tend to think being a child in that respect was much easier...so, we want to go back again.
They were younger. Had more friends. Less responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment