Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are lgbt,etc teenagers teased more in middle school than in high school?

I was reading an article,and it made me think.





Are they?





I'd suspect yes,since preteens like poking fun at anything and anyone that is even a little different from them.





?Are lgbt,etc teenagers teased more in middle school than in high school?
Yes. Junior High Students are less mature than high school students for the most part and don't really understand what it means to be LGBT. They're also more likely to go along with stereotypes i.e. a gay male has to wear makeup/the colour pink, a lesbian wants to have sex with every girl she sees etc.


That's why I think it can be a big mistake for kids to come out too early, even in this day and age.Are lgbt,etc teenagers teased more in middle school than in high school?
I think so.


Middle school kids are horribly mean.lol


I was in middle school last year,and now in high school,its so much better with people being a little more accepting.My little brother just started middle school and he's started becoming such a jerk.lol


Besides,you gotta remember that its in middle school when they make friends and they actually have like a social status and everything,so going with what most other kids say would be cool and they'd be accepted.lol XD
Definitely.


In middle school, I was teased without mercy. Everything had been done to me from getting shoved into trash cans to swirlies to tampons getting thrown at me (you can't make that up).


Then I got to high school, and no one really cared about my sexuality. In fact, a lot of people think I'm really brave for being so ';out and proud.';
I was teased more in middle school than in high school....I hated both middle school and high school...
i know a few gay/bi people when i was in high school and it was half and half really, the odd comment here and there
I was. High school was miserable, but it felt a relief after junior high.
sometimes. but it also depends on what school.
i was because i came out then

No comments:

Post a Comment