Friday, November 25, 2011

Is Curves a good gym for college-age teenagers and is it affordable?

I guess it depends on how fit you are to begin with. If you are out of shape, yes, it would be a good ';starter'; gym. I wasn't fond of it. I enjoyed going to the college rec center, taking classes, and working out there.Is Curves a good gym for college-age teenagers and is it affordable?
Curves may be a good starting point if you are way out of shape, obese, health problems that would would prevent a more aggressive workout. Never a place for me. My mom tried it very briefly and didn't like it (apparently the one she went to was full of snobs that act like the popular girls in high school). I'd say if you are in at least halfway decent shape, go to an actual gym, some place you can get a decent amount of cardio and some weight lifting in.





BTW...I go to a ladies only gym and it costs me about $8 a month...granted, they begged me to re-up when my 3-year membership was up and that's how...by such a low rate, was previously paying $20 a month.Is Curves a good gym for college-age teenagers and is it affordable?
My wife uses Curves and loves it. After the initial enrollment fee, it costs about $39 a month. You can then use any Curves in any location. She says it is a good workout and people of many different ages use it. I guess the person becoming a member would have to be committed to going on a regular basis.
curves is more for older aged women
I am a former member of Curves and I discovered that for weight loss, Curves workouts should be combined with either the Curves diet or weight watchers. Without a diet, the Curves workout is mainly muscle building. My friend and I quit our memberships because we were building too much muscle; she also sustained an injury because she was not used to working those muscles. However, the environment is structured and much friendlier than traditional gymns. They offer incentives such as prizes and game days. Membership fees are pretty competitive ($30-40/mo. in Georgia) although may vary by location and payment method. Please evaluate your personal needs before making a decision.
That depend on your current level of physical conditioning? I would suggest that you also check out some gyms that offer more intense workouts before making any decision on Curves. Being in my late 50's a number of my wife's friends do Curves. It gives what they are looking for in a workout and also without the guys around...
The YMCA is good and affordable because they can subsidize your membershio to your income.And they have all the latest equipment.
Curves is very expensive. Any physical activity a person does is good. I would make sure that your child is willing to commit to the whole year because they will make you sign a contract and you will be obligated to the whole yr.
I loved Curves, If fact iam renewing my membership next week. I am 21 and last year I was weighing about 135 (iam 5'6';) , one month at curves I lost 6 lbs and 14 1/2 inches. It is wonderful. I really enjoyed it. In my town, it is $30.00 per month. Ask to see if you can have a trial session to see if you like it. It isn't for everyone, but I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment