Friday, November 25, 2011

Do teenagers start smoking because of peer pressure?

Or are they just led ashtray.Do teenagers start smoking because of peer pressure?
GROANDo teenagers start smoking because of peer pressure?
that and boredom
that is well gay
I smoke have no idea why I started except it was neither of your reasons.
if their friends are doing it, it's because they don't want to be left out (so yes, peer pressure) and if they start the trend then it's to look cool.
yeah and as well as curiosity. Personally I think it's disgusting never tried it, never will.
peer pressure
they think theyre cool and that it sets them apart...
monkey see, monkey do
They see their parents or siblings smoke.
I believe so, or from television, curiousity, and experimentation....


don't try it if you are a teen, its highly addictive..as if you havent heard this before, or seen the outcome of smokers.


take care.
hehe - i think they just want to try it coz they are curious.i did when i was younger and then realised how gross it was.
i think it really depends on the strengh of character of the child.
I'm sure growing up with second hand smoke will prompt a kid to smoke too. My mom chain smoked like a chimney, and naturally we all gave it a whirl.





But I did manage to quit six years ago. Now I can't stand it at all. I do think kids smoke to look cool though. I really like the ones that just pull smoke into their mouths and puff it out to give the appearance of coolness.
I don't think many people realize you're telling a joke. I liked it though.
pessure to be cool.
Sometimes. I'm a teen, I did smoke, but I kicked the habit. I did it just to defy my parents because I feel as if they are ruling my life. My friend started pot because her father is abusive, and she wanted to numb her life. Some or the people I know that smoke are type-A personalities, and they just like to calm down. Most teens in my school don't do it just because 'its cool', they do it because 'high class' people expect them to. Or because or they want to rebell %26amp; they found a vent in smoking. Or they want to numb their life and get a little peace.
lol I don't know if the ashtray was a joke for a stray but whatever. liked it.





I think there's an extreme amount of peer pressure on teenagers. They want to be cool so they'll smoke. I remember when I switched high schools a few years back for senior year I smoked so I could meet people. Once I met people I quit. that's the thing with me I can quit things just as fast as I start them. I'm lucky that way.





Teens aren't told at home what's right and wrong and even if they are teens have their own minds.





My dad caught me with a cigg in hand once- it wasn't even mine. I was holding it for my friend while she answered her cell phone. My dad called me a disappointment. That hurt so bad.





So between peer pressure, lack of facts of the damage smoking can do, parents not getting through to the kids or even talking to them for that matter and the media having teens smoking in movies, shows and the celebrities well I'm not even going to go there. There are a lot of reasons teens smoke. To ease stress for a big exam, to perk up in the morning, etc etc.





I however don't like smoking and I think I was very stupid to have smoked as a teenager even though it only lasted a few weeks.
they do it because they are dis-satified with there own lives and they think i they start to smoke then they with be cool and everyone with like then, the truth i that that it really just damages there health.
I know it was peer pressure for me to start smoking, I guess its mainly that which gets teenagers started still
I did't start coz i was pressured it was coz i was curious about it, think parents and other adults make more of an impression on kids then they think!
In some cases it's just curiosity, it does not necessarily mean they will become smokers. Led ashtray, I like that.
I think smoking starts at home.If the parents smoke the kids pick it up.All though some do smoke because of peer pressure.
nope not really alot just do it because there friends do it
Peer pressure and also curiousity and the influence of media telling them it's cool
well of course!
999% of the time..... yes!
Some do....but in my case, my Dad smoked, and we lived in a mobile home, (very confined) and I loved the smell of it. It made me want one.





Its been 23 yrs and I still smoke. BUT, Hubby and I have marked a day. We're going to quit. I dont mean try....I mean QUIT. We're tired of being slaves to this garbage.





To the teenagers out there....Dont ever start.*
I was 11 when I started, I don't know why teenagers do it though.
  • red lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment