Friday, July 30, 2010

I have 2 teenagers and they have very messy bedrooms, Why?

Why? won't they keep them tidy. They have always been very tidy with their rooms. The oldest left home, came back and now her room is so bad you fall over if you attempt to enter.


The youngest saw this and thought I can match that, and today for the first time, I put his washing on his bed not away.


What is the reason for being so messy, and will they ever change?I have 2 teenagers and they have very messy bedrooms, Why?
it's normal.I have 2 teenagers and they have very messy bedrooms, Why?
Make cleaning fun! Put music on, spend some quality time together and give them the odd bit of change u have if they do a good job
CONGRADULATIONS!!!! You hve 2 perfectly normal teens. Here is how I handled it, They didnt like me going into their rooms so I told them, as long as they bring out all the dishes from their room daily, I wouldnt enter or clean their rooms. Worked for us!
For teenagers this is normal and for some older people as well.Some people just don't care that they live in a pig sty.What you need to do is put your foot down and tell them to clean up their act then their room.As long as you're not saying anything about it they are not going to keep it clean.Put a day aside and tell them that you all are going to clean your rooms and get rid of things.The less clutter the less the mess.
my 15yr old son and 13yr old daughter are exactly the same and when i tell them clean there room everything gets hid under the bed so still end up doing it myself, don't worry about it you will probably find most teenagers are same.
Haha! my mom still asks me the same thing and Im not even living with her anymore! My problem is my clothes. I pick out my outfits the day before I go to work, but then i get in different moods when i wake up, therefore i change 50 thousand times, my clothes are all over the floor. make up, hair stuff, bed unmade.... but truthfully when i come home and i walk into my room, my ';own space';, I feel at home. I know where evverything is (even though half of everything is on the floor) and im comfortable with myself enough to have a mess, and be proud that atleast I looked good, made an impression, and successfully got through my day because of that mess. I know it sounds weird but its a comforth thing. (ps... sometimes its pure laziness too) BUT on the ';mom'; side of everything, Do this... you know how you LOVE to get new gadgets and stuff... I bought a swiffer duster and had a freakin' dust party by myself! lol.... get them some organizational stuff... go to ikea.com , there cheap and contemporarily VERY teen friendly... get them something cool like closet organizers, or mesh type holders so they can see whats in them so they wont make so much of a mess! also a swiffer wouldnt hurt either :)
1. The one you ';allowed'; to return home should be put on notice that he's not in a hotel and should be contributing to the household (if not already).





2. They both should be held accountable for washing their own clothes and keeping their room clean. It's your house and your rules.





3. Anything left in another room is fair game for tossing or donation box. It should be a team effort to keep the house clean, but you as a parent should insist.
Yes they do change after they leave home. One out of my 4 was neat....the last one was horrible and 3 years from home, still the same but he has a maid. Close the door and dream of the day that it will be your room.
thats just what teenagers are like, you could always try suspending their allowence until they start listening to you, that might make them want to keep their bedrooms clean......(';,)
Well the reason behind being messy is because they think that don't have enough time to clean there room and hang out with there friends. They will make sure that everything is good and they have a place to hang out and do the things that they want to do. The room is the last thing on there mind. The older one is just getting use to the habit of having a messy room and won't have it for the rest of her life. When she gets a good job and moves out on her own then her room will be always clean. She will feel that is a need to have the full accomplishment of being independent. But her being under your roof she will always think, Well mom will do it. Best advise is to let her do it. That is her room. You can ground the little one and amke them do it. They have to learn the habit somehow. If the older one won't be a role model for them then you have to make sure you so the clean your room and i will take you out for icecream. so that will teach them it is a good thing. Good luck and i'm sorry but it will not change over night but only time and effort.
I'm sorry to tell you that I am thirty and it never changed, and I've had that fight with my parents until the day that I left home. Fortunately my husband is the same way. We aren't dirty we just don't pick up after ourselves around the house (we leave clothes, laundary, mail, newspapers all over the living room). We clean when we have company coming over. I don't know why we are this way, and why I was that way when I was younger. Other priorities?
The reason for it being messy is simple. You let them keep them messy. It's your house, run it the way you want to.


Stress to them the importance of keeping it neat. It's easier to find things, it is safer, it is healthier, and, my favorite, because it's your house and you want it neat!
i know they will change.............when i was 15/16 my room was so bad you couldn't see the floor, as a punishment my dad took the legs off my bed so i couldn't put anything underneath it, then invited my friends round to see this............ embarrassed is not the word! from that day on my room was keep as tidy as an army base..........i'm not saying that you have to do this but keep it in mind lol!!
I'm a teen and I seriously have to jump over junk I have in my room[it's about 25 x 22] lol I like messy
I'm 30 and I am a messy person.


In life there's already so many restrictions and strains, I need a place where I feel completely free from this.


So whenever my mom would complain about the mess, I just ended up adding more on top.
With teenagers u have to be paitient, especially if they don't clean their room. With teens, we don't really have time to do any cleaning in our rooms. maybe on the weekends if we're grounded, but don't count on it.
I have a son 18 and a daughter 16 my 18 year old is so spotless, where my 16 yr old, her room is in such a mess, i'm embarressed with it lol, she tells me she likes mess..lol, so I give her a few days to clean it up, coz i refuse too, if she dont clean it up, she gets grounded or i dont give her any money, but i have been told , when they leave home they do change , god I hope she does lol.. hope this helps you..Good Luck
ALL TEENAGERS ARE THIS WAY. THEY GET TO THE STAGE WHERE THEY DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING. IV GOT 2 MYSELF.
because there teens....we have better things to do then make sure are rooms are clean~

No comments:

Post a Comment